Policies and Rules
Attendance and Make-Ups
- Please contact your teacher in advance if you will be absent from class. You might WeChat HAODANCE or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Students arriving late must ask the teacher for permission to join a class that has already started.
- Please inform the teacher prior to class time if you need early dismissal from class.
- Make-up classes are the student’s responsibility and require the teacher’s preapproval.
- Make-ups must happen in the same term they are missed and are limited to the same duration and same dance type of the missed class.
- Current students have the priority of class over makeups.
Regular attendance is necessary to make progress in class. Dancers who miss a half of term classes may not be permitted in the recital/showcase if the dance routine is not learned. This is at the teacher’s discretion. Attendance at Studio and Dress Rehearsal is also required of all recital/showcase participants.
- To avoid disruptions, no excessive conversations should take place during class.
- No street shoes are permitted on dance floor as dirt, rainwater, grime, and winter salt can cause the dance floor to erode.
- No gum, candy, food, or soda in class.
- Water is permitted for sipping while in class during the recess or breaks. Please refrain from placing water bottles or cups under the ballet barres or by the mirrors to reduce accidents.
- Cell phones are a distraction, please silent your cell phone prior to entering class.
- Students may not sit down unless instructed to do so by their teacher.
- Students may not leave the classroom without the teacher’s permission.
- Be respectful of yourself and others. Foul language or offensive comments will not be tolerated.
To avoid distractions, parents are not permitted to enter ongoing classes. If you have a concern, please speak to the teacher after class.
For the purposes of safety, studio doors should not be blocked.
Student Arrival and Pick Up
- Students are expected to be ready for their lessons by arriving early, dressed and ready to dance. Students at beginning levels and up should warm up and stretch at least 10 minutes before class or rehearsal begins.
- Younger students are not permitted to leave the building without a parent or guardian.
- Please pick up your dancer on time. In the case of an emergency, please notify the teacher.
- If your dancer must wait, please notify the teacher and have your child prepared ahead of time with something to keep them occupied.
- The studio will not stay open more than 10 minutes after the last class of the evening.
- The studio will send out a message from Official WeChat Account frequently to keep families in the loop. This communication includes newsletters, upcoming events, tuition reminders, and periodic notifications from teachers. Please add haodance WeChat account.
- In the event the studio must close due to inclement weather, notification is issued via WeChat Class Groups.